1. This season of #QueenSugar has lovingly placed a spotlight on the men (RA, Hollywood, Micah, Blue, and even Davis), and once again we need to thank Black women (the writers, directors) for seeing us. Really seeing us. 2. Speaking of which, two scenes from the latest episode–one between Ralph Angel and Blue, and anotherContinue reading “12 Randoms to Distract Me From Daily Trauma. . .”
1. I have no interest in watching “Them.” I’m currently on a one-show Lena-involved diet, which includes a heavy investment in “The Chi.” #Dassit 2. I’ve had to stop watching Chris Cuomo’s nightly show. Difficult to see him vehemently berate politicians while refusing to address the sibling elephant in the room. Rules or no rules.Continue reading “11 Randoms. . .”
1. Verdine White’s pearls. That’s it. That’s the tweet. 2. D-Nice taking #CQ to a larger audience and making SURE he played his new single. He was like, “Stee can call me ‘Nice’ all he wants but y’all gonna get all these Ne-Yo screams.” 3. Stee Harvey telling tall tales and knowing that they couldn’tContinue reading “13 Dope Things About Sunday Night’s #Verzuz”
1. I watch a lot of television (even pre-COVID), but won’t be watching the Chauvin trial. I saw what happened. Now I’ll just wait to see what happens. 2. Major #shout to everyone covering their birthdates on the vaccine cards, as if Facebook doesn’t already snitch out your ages. Good times. 3. My new favoriteContinue reading “13 Monday Things. . .”
There are things I see. And there are things I know. These are 12 of them. Enjoy.
It’s Friday. Before you kick off the weekend, kick around these 12 things I’ve seen on television lately. Enjoy.
It’s Monday. BIGGIE Day. What if this week is really dope? What if these 18 things were true for all of us? Enjjoy.
A few more things that are on my mind this Thursday. See if you vibe with it. Enjoy.
1. The biggest thing I took away from #JudasAndTheBlackMessiah isn’t how terrible William O’Neal was, but how young he was. How young they all were. Also, I could watch Dominique Fishback face-act all day long. 2. People who appreciate the way Russell Westbrook plays basketball are the same people that appreciate what Shaq brings toContinue reading “13 Things: Black History Month Edition”
Let’s keep it real: 2019 feels like it’s lasted at least two years. So much scandal, so much trash that what was really good, what was really great could get lost in all the mess. I’m hoping it doesn’t, and since I have this platform, I’m doing my part to make sure it’s celebrated. MakingContinue reading “In Appreciation: The BEST of 2019”